Transitions & Resources Ltd.
Established in 1996, we are career specialists with expertise in building custom-made courses, workshops and programs on career related subjects in Israel. Our programs include:
- Career Transition Workshops
- Courses On Family Budgeting Management
- Career Counseling- for individual clients and groups
- Pre- Retirement Planning Courses
- Courses In Memory Improvement Skills
- Cross-Cultural Training Programs
- Outplacement Counseling
- Small Business Development Courses
- Spouse Relocation Assistance for Israelis relocating to the US or for those relocating to Israel
- College Essay Editing Service for applicants to American graduate school programs
- Interview Preparation Service (in English or Hebrew)
View our complete company profile in English (PDF)
- Embracing change
College Essay Editing
- Help you write the best essay possible, in a coherent and well-written style
- Get into the graduate school of your choice
- Refine your English so that your essay is mistake-proof
Our essay editing service greatly enhances the quality of your writing, thereby significantly increasing the likelihood of your getting accepted. We enjoy helping students reach their highest level of success. We have edited essays for students applying to top graduate schools in the US in a variety of fields.
Interview Preparation Service in English
- Prepare you for a successful interview or presentation in English
- Help you gain confidence in self-presentation skills
- Anticipate and overcome the challenges you will face
- How to come across without being uncomfortable
- How to pronounce professional terms correctly
- Lack of clarity about materials to be presented
- Proper use of body language
- Not knowing what questions to ask
- Trained groups of new employees at Intel for 3 years prior to their relocation to the US
- Assisted students in getting accepted to graduate schools in the US
- Coached over 100 IDF career officers and NCO's in preparation for job interviews
- Worked with individual clients from Israel's business community to create successful business presentations
- Coached new immigrants in self-presentation skills in Israel
About Our Team
Workshop facilitators hold MA degrees in the behavioral sciences including psychology, social work, OD, labor studies, and MBA’s. When conducting process-oriented workshops, trainers are also required to hold a diploma in group facilitation. In one of our largest contracts, we provide clients an opportunity to participate in 30-hour career change workshops via the Ministry of Defense. These workshops require that trainers hold an advanced academic degree in a related field, a certificate in group work, as well as a proven track record in facilitating employment workshops for at least 5 years post- MA.
Judy Feierstein, CEO, holds a BS from Cornell University, an MS from Brandeis University, and was an Honors Student in an MA program in Organizational Development at Columbia.
She works as a Career Consultant with adults and with numerous organizations including Israel's Ministry of Trade, Industry and Employment, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Israel Police, and the IDF. She is the only CV translator and interview preparation coach qualified by the Ministry of Defense to provide this service in English for hundreds of IDF career officers and NCO's each year. She has spoken for UJC about her work with disadvantaged and immigrant women in Israel in over 20 American communities as well as at Brown Hillel. Judy has been cited annually in What Color is Your Parachute for over 10 years for her work as a career counselor.
"Judy is an excellent trainer. She knows how to establish rapport with a group and how to train them in specific skills. Her special strength is relocation, particularly to the U.S. I recommend her highly." Lucy Shahar, Cross-Cultural Training and Consulting, Co-author of Border Crossings
"You have done a wonderful job in finding speakers and topics that are relevant to us. " Small Business Course, 2006.
“Thank you for speaking to our group on your recent visit to CT. We were all deeply moved and inspired by your emotional and honest presentation. After the talk many women approached us to see how they could personally help with some of the issues that you mentioned.” Robyn Wolman, Jewish Federation of Eastern Connecticut
"You had a compelling message and your style of delivery was personal and exciting. You were surely instrumental in helping us achieve our goals in campaign and education." Dianne Goldman, Pres, WD Greater Bridgeport Jewish Federation
List of Publications
- "Surviving Unemployment"
- "Choosing a Career in Israel"
- "Adjusting to Israel's Work Culture"
- "Before you Sign a Work Contract"
- "You and Your Money", in Coping Family, pp. 35-45, Prime Minister's Office, 2005 (Hebrew)
- Feierstein, Judy, "Motherhood as a School for Life", Atzmai Bashetach, Electronic Newsletter Volume 3, Sept. 19, 2005, Israel Small and Medium Enterprises Authority (Hebrew) - See English version here
- Feierstein, Judy, "Disadvantaged Minority Group Women: Vocational and Social Issues", in Women in the Therapy Space, pp. 59-68, Counseling Center For Women, Israel, 2002 (published in both English and in Hebrew)
- Feierstein, Judy, "Israeli Career Women Guide Immigrant Single Mothers," Jerusalem Post, 1992.
- Feierstein, Judy, "Workshops to Assist Single Mother Immigrants in their Job Search", Jerusalem Association of Community Centers, 2000, Ayala Bar-Ezer, Editor (Hebrew)
- "Co-existence Project in Gilo and Beit Tzefafa", Evaluation Report, Community Center Association, 1999 (Hebrew)
Click on image to enlarge
workshops, please contact our office at 08-9266102 or via our
U.S. phone line in Israel: 516-216-4457 or email@example.com .